Wednesday, March 04, 2015

If I were a NAHBS guy...


...this would be the kind of bike I'd have to bring. Jake wins the least-practical-of-all-time award here (sort of). 36" wheels, Schlumpf drive, every single tube (except the head tube) curved, heavy as hell, no standover, no front brake...


And it should be awesome for cruising. Awesome. Especially with the Illusion Malbec (think, Prince) powdercoat he's going to do.

It makes me want to build myself a stupidmobile2 with a bunch of curves and all semblance of light weightweeniedom thrown out the window. Hell, I'm not fast anymore. Who am I kidding with these thin wall butted tubes? I doubt I'd be any slower on a bike with more style...



Double BOB stroller = old, slow

5 comments:

dicky said...

Jake's gonna shoot his eye out.

Anonymous said...

That fork is dead sexy!!

Anonymous said...

That is the anti-Christ! Or at least the "Anti-Walt" bike!

alpine luddite said...

curved fork blades...i'm jealous now.

Matt B. said...

Is the juxtapositioning of those first two sentences a commentary? :)